News: SMF - Just Installed!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Raglan Shire ForumsGeneralHave questions about the Forum?Topic: Yo...What's with the RL ads in the Classifieds?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yo...What's with the RL ads in the Classifieds?  (Read 12358 times)
oceanoz
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2011, 11:45:15 PM »

I was looking to post something in Accessories and found a bunch of RL ads from India and the Netherlands.....What's up with that? And even the typical work from home spam type jobs.  Cry
Bo Fiddlesticks
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:23:46 AM »

Yeah, the Classifieds actually... uh... (censor bleep)
I once set it up on a Friday night, but they're not maintainable at all, and every month I remove literally hundreds of spammers.
Actually I'm thinking of taking it off the air - for now I'll remove the spammers Smiley

Another solution would be nice, but searching and developing is very time consuming Smiley

Otter of all trades
Zayn Till
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 07:28:31 AM »

Well.. we had .. a long time ago been working on an alternative but sadly it kind of fell through. Real shame too. As the classifieds stands now.. If people are spamming it and if it's not really being used , perhaps it's best to take it offline.
Bo Fiddlesticks
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 09:06:02 AM »

As in: plurk it.

Otter of all trades
Zayn Till
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 09:40:46 AM »

yesh. PLURK THAT NOIZE  XD
Raymond Nightfire
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 12:11:06 PM »

You could set it up so only people signed in to the Raglan web site can see and use the classifieds.

I have it set up like that on my site, only people I allow in can use it and the file sharing area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
 Raglan Shire ForumsGeneralHave questions about the Forum?Topic: Yo...What's with the RL ads in the Classifieds?
Jump to: