News: SMF - Just Installed!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Raglan Shire ForumsPLURKED (aka where the sun doesn't shine)MoviesTopic: Fantasia (the original!)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fantasia (the original!)  (Read 8047 times)
Shire Administrator
Administrator
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2008, 11:58:09 AM »

Bo Fiddlesticks
The movie I'd really really like to see in the Shire someday is Fantasia!
The Walt Disney classic from 1940 (not Fantasia 2000, it's way too corny).
I just saw the Nutcracker piece again, and it always makes me 
Posted 2 months ago

Catten Carter
I vote for the original 101 dalmatian Smiley
Posted 2 months ago

Bo Fiddlesticks
Hey you puppy, go start your own topic! Evil
:kiss:
Posted 2 months ago

Catten Carter
Its a puppys prerogative to hijack treads that can in some small way be a cause to mentin anything puppy related Smiley
Posted 2 months ago

Teal Freenote
Oh yesh! I love the original Fantasia! It has dancing hippos and eles in it!
Also love The Princess Bride.
Posted 2 months ago

Zayn Till
INCONCEIVABLE
Posted 2 months ago

Catten Carter
My name is Inigo Montoya. You keel my fadder. Prepare to die!
Posted 2 months ago

Lorimae Undercroft
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
hehehe
I don't think I've ever seen the original Fantasia! I am deprived kitty. *sniff*
Posted 2 months ago

Bo Fiddlesticks
Stop saying that!
(gah, I didn't even see the movie, good thing we have imdb edit: I did see the movie!, oh, is it THAT movie!)
What does INCONCEIVABLE mean Zayn? That we can't have Fantasia?
I want it I want it I want it!!! :mad:
How does that work anyway... can we only see movies that are in your collection?
Posted 2 months ago

Catten Carter
As of now we can see movies that can be bought on SL - I still haven't given up on finding a streaming server, so we can run dvd's from home
Posted 2 months ago

Josephine Planer
Dancing eles and hippos? I am soooo gonna get that movie!
Posted 2 months ago

Bo Fiddlesticks
It's terrific Jo!
Catten - do you mean we have to buy the movies somewhere on SL? How does that work? And who's paying for that?
Posted 2 months ago

Morticia Uram
Original Fantasia ROX!
Bo -- Zayn has always been using Lightening Video (yes the spelling is that way). It is pricey, but I'm sure if you have a favorite movie, we can work something out. Their movie quality is very good and always works; sometimes you can buy a movie and get some really nasty quality ones out there. Let Zayn or I know if Lindens are a problem, we're happy to help.
Posted 1 month ago

Bo Fiddlesticks
Ah thanks Morty!
For me, L$ is not really a problem (tho I like having things for free :mrgreen:) - it's more the otter way around: I wouldn't mind paying an entrance fee to see a movie in the Shire!
And I have always wondered how it was done, and how rights and fees were worked out etc..
Posted 1 month ago

Lani Heron
CATTEN~
How dare you take my quote! If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have known about that on...heehe sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh
Posted 1 month ago

Lani Heron
Oh and....
YAY FOR DANCING HIPPOS AND ELE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!
Posted 1 month ago

Zayn Till
Actually Lightening video isnt to bad. They charge 800L a movie and they has a pretty large selection. Ive been to other places that charge 1000 to 3000L for a movie with a lot less selection. Not sure how legal Lightening is but they claim it is sooo...
*looks the other way* jhehe I cant say i remember seeing Fantasia there but there are alot of movies at the shop there so maybe give it another look.
Hey Catten,, check out VEODIA.com
Posted 1 month ago

Karmagirl Avro
I still want to see the Goonies.
Posted 1 month ago
Josephine Planer
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 05:13:43 AM »

oki guys i am sorry to say.. that i cant find Fantasia - in any version - at Lightening video.. so i cant show it. and trust me i am very sad about this.

Lightening video has a lot of movies but i cant get a list of the ones they have. so ....

I hope they get it though.

Mammoth of Raglan
Bo Fiddlesticks
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 05:53:39 AM »

That's just too bad!  Sad

Thanks for trying tho, and you really should try to see it yourself!

Otter of all trades
Xavian
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 05:39:34 PM »

some time back Teal and I sent requests to Lightening for both Fantasia and the original Muppet Movie. Neither of us have heard anything.
Azelle Mavendorf
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 11:04:38 AM »

Maybe should poke them again..? Sometimes proprietors of these big places just forget.

Kath McGill
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 03:32:56 PM »

uh, one of the issues with Fantaisia is that it *went back into the disney vault* just about the same time that fantaisa 2 was coming out, and they said it "wouldnt be sold in the current format ever again" Which was, of course, video tape. Until it comes to like a 50th aniversary or something it may be a while until it is digitally remastered and put on to dvd.  While there are dancing hippos and mushroom, and you see "the sorcerers apprentice" on it, its - well, dancing water / light effects. its like a bunch of mini movies strung together with different music, not a whole big story that people see in other disney movies.

you know, in theroy, (and this is just a theroy) when you buy these new movies they have a "cloud" version on it, where you can go in, log in and see your movie any time & place, and now with SL new viewer you can make "any" object show media, Im wondering if we can convert cloud stuff to SL?

I can't be bribed... Not even with chocolate, ice cream, or peach pie... (say, you going to do anything with that? Nom nom nom nom.. ) Nope. Still no bribe. Oh, is that Cookies you have? (Snarf) Where were we? uh, yeah, fine, right, Nope, Natch, can't bribe me... Mmmm, that waffle looks mighty tasty
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
 Raglan Shire ForumsPLURKED (aka where the sun doesn't shine)MoviesTopic: Fantasia (the original!)
Jump to: