News: SMF - Just Installed!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Raglan Shire ForumsPLURKED (aka where the sun doesn't shine)Shire ClassifiedsTopic: WANTED: Avatar Mannequins for Designers
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WANTED: Avatar Mannequins for Designers  (Read 18657 times)
Azelle Mavendorf
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2008, 03:38:42 AM »

Karma and I have been discussing this idea on and off for a few days now, and we both think it would be a great help to designers if there was a way to test out clothes for different types of tinies without having to own all the tiny avatars under the sun. We thought of two possible ways to go about this.

1) Dummy avies could be made and placed in Silica Cubicle. They'd just stand there, no copy/mod/move/etc., and provide a reference for sizing things. The downside to this would be the inability to actually precisely fit things for wear, but it would still help a lot.

2) A "designer's avie pack" could be released with the popular tinies in it, but these tinies would be covered in some really obnoxious texture so they couldn't be worn as regular avatars - like bright red DEMO text on a yellow background or something. This avie pack could be sold for a price considerably lower than buying all the normal functional avies.

Any combination of these ideas would work, too. For instance, rather than being placed in Silica, the dummies could be sold in a pack to designers. Or the dummies could be placed but the designer pack in #2 could be offered as well. You get the idea. Tongue

What do you guys think? I'm dropping this idea in Extrovirtual's suggestion box, but I wanted to place it here, too, to see if other designers like this idea.

Chaffro
REAG
Friend of the Shire

Funny Bunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 04:53:14 AM »

Yeah, is a good idea. There are a few pose stand out there too, with different default stand poses that come in handy...

Wink

Funny Bunny
Shadow Marlin
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:26:21 AM »

Hey -- I think that's a great idea -- and I will be happy to volunteer my tiny phoenix body anytime someone needs help with that -- plus I have about 20 other tiny avatars I and I will be happy to put them on.  Maybe a call out in the friends group when a model is needed would be a good way to go!  Either way I like modeling so I'm all for helping out.
Karmagirl Avro
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 10:25:16 AM »

Tiny minds do think alike! I too dropped this idea off in Extrovirtual's suggestion box and got a reply from Wynx herself.

I was more interested though in just the tiny heads as those to me seem to vary much more than the bodies of the tiny, which are more standard and easily modifiable.

I was tryin to make glasses with is difficult when you have prey with their eyes on side of their head (rabbit, squirrel, etc) and hunters with eyes forward looking (dogs, cats, fox).

I even mentioned to Wynx that any mannequin could either be sold in pack for builders or a temp rez system kept in Sandbox. So you would click and rez and have like several hours to build (and save) project before having to rez another mannequin. Either way u wouldnt be able to wear the mannequin as an avatar as it would it be temp rez or be 1 piece statue.

BTW I do like that theres a suggestion box at Extrovirtual and it says on how many suggestions total and how many unread. So it lets you know they actually get read, which is good thing. Perhaps Raglan could have a suggestions box too? Or this forum? I know alot of tinies have ideas aplenty.

Bo Fiddlesticks
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 11:11:36 AM »

Hmmm, I think the forum has lots of opportunities for folks to drop ideas, but a lot of them haven't found their way here... so we need everybunny's help to make the forum known in the Shire!

--> things that are posted here can be read by everyone, as opposed to a single idea box somewhere... we can all comment and somebunny will step up and do something, or we see folks collaborate to get something done (which to me is the absolute kick to get out of it!)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:04:20 PM by Bo Fiddlesticks » Logged

Otter of all trades
Zayn Till
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 12:23:10 PM »

hmm think we need more signs about the sims that say "Raglanshire.com click to visit!" or something like that that pop up the web page so ppl can get there from inworld more often or become aware of the web page and forums..

hmmm
Azelle Mavendorf
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 10:14:11 PM »

hmm think we need more signs about the sims that say "Raglanshire.com click to visit!" or something like that that pop up the web page so ppl can get there from inworld more often or become aware of the web page and forums..

hmmm
Yesh! Great idea.

Awenbunny Lisle
Friend of the Shire

Awesome Possum

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 09:46:02 AM »

hmmm

Whatever happened to this?   Are the signs out and just not noticeable?  Perhaps they need a different look?   I think I've seen the Raglan.com signs but I completely forgot about the classifieds again, and i have stuff listed in it.  Someone asked me again about a Raglan Advertising Group.  I told them about the Raglan.com classifieds and Tiny Shoppers Group. 
Caleb Kit
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »

Hi,

Wynx has a box full of mannequins(I guess) of all the heads of her tinies.  It is called the Head Case.
I just went into new store and made sure. You enter and go to the left, it is down below the tiny avatars on the wall to your right.  It is about 3/4's of the way down.

Signs would be great!!!  I have raglanshire.com in my profile and I know that Awen and I both put it out in chat all the time.  One suggestion would be to put a smaller and more colorful sign above it that says "Don't read this sign!"   Maybe people would read it then.  Grin

bye Wink
Awenbunny Lisle
Friend of the Shire

Awesome Possum

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 06:20:37 AM »

or maybe.. Shop Raglan Classifieds Signs ? 
Wilyoungblood
Friend of the Shire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 12:44:35 AM »

I think with the advent of Viewer 2.0 and the web on a prim thing it is much easier to have a feed from the site in world. I have a billboard at my place in Morningshire with raglanshire.com on it which is fully interactive and you can read everything on the site in world.

I'd be more than happy to modify a few and have them around the shire.

New blog + Sock Munkee + Pics = www.wilyoungblood.co.uk
Matthew Tammas
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 12:36:38 PM »

Hi,

Wynx has a box full of mannequins(I guess) of all the heads of her tinies.  It is called the Head Case.
I just went into new store and made sure. You enter and go to the left, it is down below the tiny avatars on the wall to your right.  It is about 3/4's of the way down.

I went looking for this after reading the thread and found it @ http://slurl.com/secondlife/Extrovirtual/95/177/23 , a Tiny Headcase with all of Wynx's head shapes in it ($L600).

But does that mean all the attachment points and sizes of the torso and limbs are the same on all Wynx's tinnies? 0.o That would make creating for the neck down a lot easier. Smiley Anyone know?
Chaffro
REAG
Friend of the Shire

Funny Bunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 10:21:41 PM »

Hi Matthew! I can't be 100% certain of this, as some tinies have extra removable parts (such as tails), but I believe that tiny Wynx shapes do have the same attachment points.

Smiley

Funny Bunny
Kylinn
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 06:46:07 AM »

Except for something like a hat, you wouldn't likely be devising the same item for a quad and a biped at the same time anyway, but it's worth noting that quads do use different attachment points. In particular, items which in regular Tinies attach to the hand or foot will replace a quad's paw.

Life is complex; it's partly real and partly imaginary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
 Raglan Shire ForumsPLURKED (aka where the sun doesn't shine)Shire ClassifiedsTopic: WANTED: Avatar Mannequins for Designers
Jump to: