News: SMF - Just Installed!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Raglan Shire ForumsGeneralSecond Life Tips & TricksTopic: Machinima in Second Life??
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Machinima in Second Life??  (Read 1510 times)
Caleb Kit
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2015, 10:04:20 PM »

Ok, I need help.
I have been using full version of FRAPS for years.  Recently started playing with Open Broadcaster Software. But new version has some issues that I don't have time to mess with right now.  It has been at least 6 months since I took any video  and at least 2 upgrades to Firestorm.  The problem is getting my 3D connexion Space Navigator to work in Second Life anymore.   First I was on my new Win10 machine that I finally got a good video card and had the latest Firestorm viewer.  Finally after many wasted hours I switched back to the old Win 7 machine I am trying to retire with the last version of Firestorm and ran into same problem Went to Firestorm Wiki and implemented settings recommended there but not to the super complicated and advanced stuff they talked about.  I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to get it working again easily or using something else like a game controller. I have now thrown this long term project(over a year) in the trash so I just want to know for future use.  If you know of an inworld camera system that works or anything please let me know.  --Caleb Kit
Caleb Kit
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 01:14:41 PM »

January 13th, 2016

Basically got nowhere with previous and other things took up all the time.  The one thing that has now become the most hopeful solution was a notecard from Pyewacket on using the Logitech Dual Action game controller(wired).  Many of the premiere makers of training and art videos in SL have run into the same problem as I have. Many solutions have been tried and depending some have even gotten the 3Dconnexion Space Navigator working. But the bottom line is that the company is no longer supporting Second Life.  If your Space Navigator works DO NOT UPGRADE the drivers. Thanks to Pyewacket I bought one of the controllers in late November but got  swamped in Winterfest stuff and didn't have a chance to get working. Just spent last week trying to get the Space Navigator working again and finally gave up and while looking around found Pye's notecard. Found more info and tried it out. Slowly been getting it to work on all axis and trying to get used to it.  JanosX even gave me the settings for the Xbox360 controller which helped tremendously. Going to post some of the links in case someone else gets stuck.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Flycam#Resident_experiences

http://blog.nalates.net/2014/08/28/3dconnextion-spacenavigator-v10-for-second-life/

http://blog.nalates.net/tag/machinima/

Caleb Wink
Raymond Nightfire
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 09:32:20 AM »

If you do use a Logitech controller, Dual Action or Dual Shock, don't use the profiler software, it has been broken for years.  I own a Dual Shock controller and it has the same disk as the Dual Action in the package, the only difference between the two is that the Dual Shock has a built-in rumble pack, although I don't think you may need that for moving a camera around.

The profiler program will always crash when loading the Left 4 Dead settings, even if you don't have that game, I recommend just using the default drivers with either type of Logitech controller it will still work that way, you will just have to set the key mapping from within the application you are using.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
 Raglan Shire ForumsGeneralSecond Life Tips & TricksTopic: Machinima in Second Life??
Jump to: