News: SMF - Just Installed!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Raglan Shire ForumsGeneralHow do I...?Topic: How do I play Paleoquest?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How do I play Paleoquest?  (Read 1999 times)
Chronometria
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2015, 06:28:24 PM »

Fellow Tinies - I am called to do Science once again!

This time, with the aid of the Linden Labs, we is gonna go back in time and find the dinosaurs! By this I means, taking part in "paleoquest", which seems to be the sequel to that crystal hunting game that lets you earn linden coins by escaping rock monsters and by finding treasure.

I will post here how to find the new game and my experiences - luckily I bought a jungle explorer outfit and is all ready to go!

Chronometria
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 06:54:31 PM »

Setting off on our journey - The Portal Park

The first stop on my journey to PaleoQuest was one of the "portal parks" made by Linden Labs. These link to many places and allow explorers, from novice to the experienced, to go to see amazing sights. Sure enuff, I came across a gate that was marked for my destination and I took the snapshot above, so you knows what to look for when you gets there. I hears thunder in the background and I is filled with trepidation - even here, I knows there is risk ahead, so I got to be extra careful and you should be too - come prepared and with extra food supplies!

Follow the Slurl below to get to this portal park. I now goes bravely on, to establish a basecamp, for others who follow.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Portal%20Park%201/136/134/23
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:18:25 PM by Chronometria » Logged
Chronometria
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 07:09:14 PM »

Journal Update - Arrrgust 1st

I has explored through the gate of the portal park and though there was a pathway, it soon entered wild jungle. I sees the tropical plants of rich and lovely colours and I hears the sound of waterfalls. The distant thunder has stopped, only to be replaced by a strange and spooky howling wind.

Eventually, walking with some biggies who is also exploring, I comes across a golden gateway. It making even the many biggies who has gathered to admire it seem small. I note that not all of them is prepared for the danger and many wears only simple clothes. They will not last long, once they is inside. I prepares the courage I needs to enter and plan to set up a basecamp at the first opportunity.
Chronometria
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 07:41:22 PM »

Tools and a Strange Warning

I entered in, with Umiko (in her biggie disguise). However, all was not as it seemed. Umiko found a note that warned of trouble - a villain of some sort, perhaps a scientist, was causing trouble in the past. We was called to help, by an explorer called Magellan, who had managed to send a message beyond the golden portal.

When we arrived inside, we was surprised to find buildings and even a monorail. It would seem that time travellers had already established a basecamp of sorts and thus we had a safe area to set off from. As to the evil scientist....perhaps he was part of the team that made this area?

I was given some handy HUD tools, as can be seen above. They took a little time to load in, but by clicking the question mark in the center, I was given a useful notecard on what I could expect from this strange land. It even speaks!

We will continue onward, but it is good to know that we can return here if there is need.
Chronometria
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 08:14:41 PM »

Trouble in the Park - Messing with Time

It is as I feared. These scientists has gone back in time and tried to make a theme park or something....and it has all gone wrong. Umiko and I investigated and found what looked like a theme park, but there was dinosaurs roaming about freely. To make things worse, there was places stolen from other periods in time. I took a picture of a flying dinosaur that was collecting shiny Egyptian masks to decorate its nest. Such items should be found and returned to their proper place in time....which was our first quest.

It seem there is reward for such items being found. Perhaps the scientists is trying to make right after being so daft.

Now it is time for you to explore and post what you discovers - good luck tinies!
Chronometria
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 01:21:54 PM »

Tips for the Pyramid Area (spoilers)

I will not give it away, but here are some great tips to get started. The pyramid quest fooled me a bit, so here are the tips to smooth exploring!

1. You must find the mask before you enter the pyramid. Begin by climbing the mountains!
2. Mouselook is very helpful.
3. When in the pyramid, the key to dart traps is avoiding some parts of the floor. Learn the trigger for the traps.
4. Squashers do not flatten the torch areas between them - line yourself up with the torches to be safe.
5. Don't touch the killer bugs!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:49:16 PM by Chronometria » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
 Raglan Shire ForumsGeneralHow do I...?Topic: How do I play Paleoquest?
Jump to: