News: SMF - Just Installed!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Raglan Shire ForumsCommunity Involvement - Wanna be involved? Go Here!The Shire Times Magazine Needs YOU!Topic: Raglan Shire Times
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Raglan Shire Times  (Read 2687 times)
Annie Deutsch
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2015, 10:15:43 AM »

I'd like to see the Times start up again and I hereby volunteer to be an editor. Let's do this thing.
Chronometria
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 10:00:36 AM »

Somebody was writing a newspaper page - the one which said Minie wasn't really a unicorn - who was that and can they be included in the project? Esp as they do seem to be the current defacto newspaper at this time.
Zayn Till
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 10:12:01 AM »

Anyone who wants to be involved can absolutely be involved. The trick is getting every one on the same page and committed and then folks can decide how to best make the various tasks happen and who should head up each area of what ultimately will make up the finished Shire Times.

In the past The Shire Times had a main editor who had a crew of folks underneath who would write articles, frame the layouts, take pictures, take care of advertising, determine the presentation which was both inworld based News papers that could be worn as a hud attachment or rezzed on the ground to be physically read as well as an online version, as well as other things of interest when putting a Newspaper/magazine together.  Past Editors were Chaffro Schoonmaker and Rowena Paine.

You can talk to them for ideas if you would like as they're approachable folks.

I believe you can still find Shire Times Newspaper boxes about the Shire that will give you the last edition on touch so you can see how it used to look and function.

However the new Editorial team decides is best for all things mentioned above will be the new teams call ultimately. It is a lot of work but Newspapers are FUN, especially when each issue is released and you see groups of people sitting about the grass or areas reading them.  Release day was always a fun day Smiley
Chronometria
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »

I checked my inventory and it was "Weilo Bailey" and his "Tiny Times". If there is a project underway, I am sure he should be approached to come on board, as he is already offering a page's worth of content monthly.
Zayn Till
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 01:21:00 PM »

I have seen that but that is more or less Wielo taking initiative to do something that one person is able to do on their own. Ask Wielo if he would be interested in committing to working with others as part of a new editorial group for a relaunch of The Shire Times Proper and he might say yes Smiley
Chronometria
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »

I chatted to Wielo and he said that he was doing what he could as an independent writer. He certainly has no objections to a new newspaper and perhaps if asked he would contribute.

My main concern was that he wouldn't feel his efforts were ignored or that people were treading on his paws. As it is, he seems ok with the project and could be a valuable addition if someone was to negotiate that with him.
Zayn Till
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 07:03:20 AM »

Wielo's always been a big part of the community and was even in our events group for a while. I believe his newsletter was an attempt to fill the hole that has been left since The Shire Times which used to be a staple of infotainment of all things Raglan, including coverage of events, people, shops & all things related to the community stopped publishing. I have no doubt he will be supportive of a relaunch and it would of course to see him participate. Smiley
Annie Deutsch
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 03:07:34 AM »

I very heartily apologize if I stepped on any paws. I really didn't mean to - the old squirrel just got a bit overexcited. Wielo did a terrific job with "Tiny Times" - probably a lot better than I could do. I'll get with him and see what he might like to do about re-starting the Times. If he's like to edit that's fine with me. I'd just like to see this delightful publication going again Smiley
Annie Deutsch
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 12:34:44 PM »

My 'puter went out shortly after I wrote the last post above, so I haven't been able to get with Wielo yet. But it's fixed now so I'll try to get going as soon as I can.
Liam
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 06:56:48 PM »

I have a story and photo for the Times, whenever it returns.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
 Raglan Shire ForumsCommunity Involvement - Wanna be involved? Go Here!The Shire Times Magazine Needs YOU!Topic: Raglan Shire Times
Jump to: