News: SMF - Just Installed!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Raglan Shire ForumsCommunity Involvement - Wanna be involved? Go Here!The Shire Times Magazine Needs YOU!Topic: The Raglan Shire Times General Info & Discussion
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Raglan Shire Times General Info & Discussion  (Read 9873 times)
Kath McGill
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 07:40:41 PM »

I haven't had any issues with camileo being slow to upload.
I have the thinc book system, and have published all of my in world books (the hedgehog series) with them and while the pages sometimes take time to rez in, it's no different than any other texture issue. I *do* have the newer client, I just don't like using it for more than I need to because it drives me nuts everytime someone says something the chat window  closes and I end up jumping up into the air.

One of the things that would probably work in concert with the advertisements of the stores we have on the shire is to interview some of the shop owners as we come across them. I can make a list of questions and we can drop them on to people or if people want to be interviewed they can let us know. I found it really interesting in the off the cuff questions where the interview took as well as the history behind the shop.

Is it possible that we can have a section in the forums that we can upload assignments so that whom ever is laying out the paper has access to the information??
does that make sense?

kath

I can't be bribed... Not even with chocolate, ice cream, or peach pie... (say, you going to do anything with that? Nom nom nom nom.. ) Nope. Still no bribe. Oh, is that Cookies you have? (Snarf) Where were we? uh, yeah, fine, right, Nope, Natch, can't bribe me... Mmmm, that waffle looks mighty tasty
Zayn Till
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 10:22:52 AM »

Ya I could set you guys up with a staff forum either public or hidden that you guys could use for info exchange and assignment for layouts of upcoming editions. Smiley
Rowena Paine
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »

Update:
I have created a group in world called Shire Times staff to facilitate communication. Contact me to become part of the team.
I've started getting commitments from folks for submissions. I'm still working down my list.
If I haven't tracked you down, give me a buzz.

Here's an initial calendar:
December 14 - teaser edition stories due
December 21 - teaser distributed
January 2 - first edition stories due
January 11 - distribution
April 3 - stories due
April 12 - distribution
July 3 - stories due
July 12 - distribution
October 2 - stories due
October 11 - distribution

I'm going to write some blurbs for the podcast to get writers, advertisers, and readers.

We need an in-world meeting, how about a saturday in Showvember since this month is crazy busy? Early in the day so Eurotinies can make it. This would be for anyone interested in the Times, even if not making a commitment to volunteer for it.

If you haven't looked at Bear's demo, please do. It's a great layout, very clean and professional looking. It would look good both in world and in calameo.

A forum where we could do project planning and all access the same info would be helpful. Or we could just keep posting here.

A big thank you to everyone pushing to get this train moving again!

Ro
Zayn Till
REAG
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 09:57:09 AM »

ya , once you have a final tally on the staff. i can make you guys a separate board that we can hide from the public that you can use is totally do-able.
Kath McGill
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 07:18:02 PM »

(waves paw)
Zayn,
IMHO, not only the staff for the paper have access but as well, people like Caleb and Toady etc who teach and have rental responisbility etc in the shire should have access as well to be able to drop into the forum and let us know scheduling etc. (as well, interviews with the Raglan shire staff might be something we would do, because if your a new tiny, it helps to know who's who. Not that the burden of putting out the paper would fall to their shoulders just that that way, everyone is in the loup of what goes where and when it's needed. 

I have no problems dropping texures into the books, layout onto the JPG texture is something I drag my feet at. Cheesy

I can't be bribed... Not even with chocolate, ice cream, or peach pie... (say, you going to do anything with that? Nom nom nom nom.. ) Nope. Still no bribe. Oh, is that Cookies you have? (Snarf) Where were we? uh, yeah, fine, right, Nope, Natch, can't bribe me... Mmmm, that waffle looks mighty tasty
Rowena Paine
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 11:30:19 AM »

I'd like to have an inworld meeting about the Times. I'm proposing Saturday, Nov 10 at 10am. (I'm hoping that will accommodate Tinies on both sides of the Atlantic.) Let's invade Stevebucks. I've been talking with people individually but it would be nice to have at least most folks in the same space at the same time.

This would be for anyone interested in the Times, whether with writing, PR, distribution, photos, or just ideas to contribute but not the time available currently to volunteer.

Staffing Update:
Bear Silverslade: Layout, design, distribution, correspondent
Kath McGill: business correspondent, 1-2 interviews with shopkeepers for each issue
Derry McMahon: event correspondent, one regular and one special event covered each issue, photojournalist
Chaffro Schoonmaker: advertising manager, correspondent
Clover Dezno: hairyscope columnist
Neill McCullough: InWorldz coverage, correspondent
Tipsy Cerulean: freelance correspondent
Rowena Paine: organizing, PR, editing

I'd like to see two or three more regular columnists.

Any volunteers for a audience write-in Ask A Builder column? You don't have to be a master, just find people who DO know and get the answers from them.

Rowena Paine

Neill McCullough
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 11:34:26 AM »

I've put it in my calendar.  Smiley
Chaffro
REAG
Friend of the Shire

Funny Bunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 10:48:43 PM »

Ack! I have RL commitments on that date! Apologies!

Sad

Funny Bunny
Kath McGill
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2012, 07:57:54 PM »

I usually work on Sat, though it can depend on if its in the morning work, or evening work, Sunday the 11th is my RL birthday and Ryu will be home for 2 weeks starting on the 10th, Just point me in the right direction and I will see what i can drop on you.

One of the things (well there have been a couple of things) that occured to me is to have people who are contacts with other regions like the elves, and the IOW, and some other groups to be asked once in a while if they have an event, to let us know, with the understanding that when we have events that they will let their citizens know. Yes, we might have a bunch of dragons poking their heads into the shops, but, it will perhaps get us new and future tinys. For the elves, I would recomend Farley Crabgrass - and I know the elves have a writing competiton usually at the beginning of the year. For the IOW, maybe Gertie G. she's a guardian there, as well as a tiny here, and could give us a heads up.

the other thing that occured to me is that maybe a few short stories to be used as filler like "Tiny Adventure!" could be written. (which I would be willing to do.) this came to me about 2 in the morning when I couldn't sleep and in chat I told the beginning chapter of the current book I am working on. (this would be the adventures of a tiny that explores the shire and makes friends along the way as well as poking its tiny nose into things) this could be done as a comic form, or as something as serious as running out of syrup for the waffles.

Let me know!

kath.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:02:53 AM by Kath McGill » Logged

Kath McGill
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 10:21:19 PM »

um, I know this may seem - weird, but I keep getting told to give stuff to some one named "Bear" but I don't know his / her last name to contact them and I am not able to find them on a list (my computer hates looking for things in search on Sl) is it possible that I can have Bears last name, or can they contact me in world? I have photos from the talent show for them
 thanks
Kath

Neill McCullough
Friend of the Shire

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 12:44:44 AM »

That would be Bear Silvershade.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
 Raglan Shire ForumsCommunity Involvement - Wanna be involved? Go Here!The Shire Times Magazine Needs YOU!Topic: The Raglan Shire Times General Info & Discussion
Jump to: