ETHERIA PARROTT’S 2nd ANNUAL WINTERFEST ICE SCULPTURE SCULPTY CONTEST!
In addition to the activities during the month long Winterfest celebration on the Shire, theres also a few fun contests that folks can get involved with. The first that we’ll post about today is the ICE SCULPTURE SCULPTY Contest put on by Etheria Parrott. She did this last year and it was great fun to see. So we’re doing it again! 😀
CLICK HERE TO VOTE. VOTING IS OPEN FROM 7AM, 13TH. DEC AND NOON, 20TH. DEC
****Ice Sculpture Sculpty Contest 2008 ****
The idea for this contest is to encourage people to learn how to make sculpties. There are many programmes you could use or learn to use. Some are even free so check out http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Sculpted_Prims:_3d_Software_Guide
1st place 1000 lindens
2nd place 500 lindens
3rd place 250 lindens
Winners will be announced on 20th December at noon PST. Until then everyone will be invited to vote for their favourites. We will explain later how everyone will be able to vote.
When choosing your faves, please take into account:
1. Awesomeness 2. Iciness 3. Artistic merit
1. You must ‘buy’ one of the 10 bases laid out at the Ice Sculpture area for this purpose for 25 lindens before you put out your ice sculpty. In buying the base, you commit to entering the contest. This is your entry fee. If you don’t enter, then you have denied someone else the chance because there is limited space for bases.
2. Your sculpty sculpture must fit entirely within the 3 metre x 3 metre base, with a max height of 5m.
3. Your sculpture must be 5 prims or less (the base is NOT included in this count)
4. Your sculpty sculpture must be yours and all parts entirely created by you.
5. There must be no rotating or moving parts – static sculptures only
5. Your ice sculpty sculpture *must* look like ICE
Anyone not working within these rules will have their entry returned and their entry fee will not be returned.
Note: Those of you not in the Artisans group will need to contact Catten Carter or Etheria Parrott to be added to the group on a temporary basis. After the contest is over, it will be necessary to eject you from that group. Don’t take it personally. We still love you 🙂
Another note: There are some examples of last year’s entries on show in the museum on the Raglan Commons sim which is located north of Raglan Shire
If you have any questions, contact Etheria!
Tomorrow! Look for the info on the Raglan Community Tree Topper Contest!